[hatari-devel] DSP exceptions -> debugger

I have a bug which I'm trying to catch in Hatari. It would be easier to solve if the debugger could be invoked when a DSP exception occurs - in this case DSP illegal instruction. I'm not sure how to configure this myself so I need some advice.

In the time I have been working on this project I've seen 3 different bugs which result in the same fault (usually buffer overrun, corrupting code) and had to modify the code to self-debug. This is usually quite arduous so I'd rather just catch it on the first event.

Worse... when it happens Hatari tends to lock up - it streams thousands of lines like this:

Dsp: 0x0329: 0x000dc0 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0329: 0x000dc0 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0329: 0x000dc0 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0329: 0x000dc0 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0329: 0x000dc0 Illegal instruction

And then freezes, requiring the process to be killed. This makes debugging it even more difficult since I can't interrupt it.

Is there any way to do get the debugger invoked when this occurs? Or can I have suggestions on a local patch I can make to get this effect?

Thanks!
D.