Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core cycles issue

On 27/02/2013 17:35, Eero Tamminen wrote:

PS. In *old* UAE core do_trace() function, comments or opcodes are wrong:
         if (opcode == 0x4e72            /* RTE */

Hello,

this is an old bug in original UAE cpu core, present in Hatari since the beginning, I changed it. As it was only for >= 68020 cpu in trace mode, I guess no one encounter it so far.

             || ((opcode & 0xf0f0) == 0x5050 /* DBcc */

   0x4e72 is STOP instruction and DBcc is matched with:
	(opcode & 0xf0f8) == 0x50c8

DBcc is not completely correct, as bit 3 is not checked to be 1 ; but in fact, there's no other cpu intruction that looks like DBcc with bit 3=0, so checking bit 3 doesn't matter in the end (but I agree it would be better). Latest WinUAE sources still don't test bit 3, so I guess it's really harmless.