Re: [hatari-devel] UI/SDL problem with WinUAE build on OSX?

On sunnuntai 31 maaliskuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> So the first & last time I tried to build Hatari 1.6.2 on OSX (with
> WinUAE core) I ended up with a build that appeared to run ok, but the
> GUI buttons were missing all the text. It also crashes when exiting
> (although, the missing text is the biggest problem for usability).
>
> I left it alone at this point, assuming I had configured the build (or
> SDL) wrongly.

SDL has had a lot of problems with OSX during the years, and I don't
see how Hatari could affect this, so my guess is that it's SDL/OSX
backend specific issue.

> However I recently noticed this discussion:
>
> http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel/2012/06/
> msg00136.html
>
> ...and it seems to describe exactly what I saw - so now I know it wasn't
> a mistake on my part.
>
> I'm trying to migrate some Atari dev from Windows to OSX and would need
> the WinUAE version of Hatari to do this properly. I suppose I could take
> screenshots of the dialogs on the PC and print them out to help
> configure it on OSX but that seems a bit nuts to me :-)

Just copy your hatari.cfg file from Windows.  Paths need to be edited
in a text editor, but I would assume that not be a large problem. :-)