Re: [hatari-devel] Most wanted debugger/profiler feature or convenience?

I.e. "iSave_instr_tail" is the only thing that is currently available
to profiler.

I can take a look at this later and see if there's a way to get both head/tail data through.. The probably both need to be present to be meaningful.

How do you think this information should be visible in the profile data?

I think probably raw data is best, with offline processing (I'd most likely use a spreadsheet).

Note that adding more information to profile can bloat the memory usage
a lot.  For CPU side I'm already using 32-bit counters for this reason,
but maybe this information could be something one can enable with some
build time define (it should be pretty small amount of code in profiler
side).

Yes that would probably be fine.

Data is in src/cpu/falcon_cycle030.h (WinUAE specific).

Thanks!

Such information & experiments would also allow verifying the data
on real devices and correcting found emulation issues...

That's probably also true. Such issues might be quite complicated to diagnose but this would likely make it easier at least.

D.