Re: [hatari-devel] Extended VDI screen in Falcon mode

On maanantai 04 helmikuu 2013, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 17:28, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > What's the video mode number for 640x400x16?
>
> I don't remember, but they are easy to find.
>
> Run EmuTOS, switch to the desired video mode and and save the desktop.
> Open EMUDESK.INF and look at the 2 last bytes on the fist line. They are
> the video mode.

Thanks, it's 0x01, 0x0A for 640x400x16.

> Beware, if EMUDESK.INF exists, its video mode will override the NVRAM
> one for the desktop. The NVRAM video mode is always used for the welcome
> screen and early console, anyway.

I was testing this with TOS v4.  But it doesn't work any better.

Above value in NVRAM and using:
	--vdi-width 640 --vdi-height 400 --vdi-planes 4

Makes TOS v4 just to loop at boot doing this:
--------------
NVRAM : read data at 9 = 45 ($2d)
Illegal ROMmem lput at 00e0003c
NVRAM : read data at 0 = 40 ($28)
NVRAM : read data at 0 = 40 ($28)
NVRAM : read data at 13 = 128 ($80)
NVRAM : read data at 10 = 128 ($80)
NVRAM : read data at 10 = 0 ($00)
NVRAM : read data at 0 = 40 ($28)
NVRAM : read data at 2 = 18 ($12)
NVRAM : read data at 4 = 0 ($00)
NVRAM : read data at 7 = 5 ($05)
NVRAM : read data at 8 = 2 ($02)
NVRAM : read data at 9 = 45 ($2d)
Illegal ROMmem lput at 00e0003c
NVRAM : read data at 0 = 40 ($28)

So, the NVRAM hack doesn't help TOS v4.x.