Re: [hatari-devel] Prefetch issue on 68000?

Le 19/02/2013 10:32, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On tiistai 19 helmikuu 2013, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Currently I wouldn't count so much on WinUAE core as its "cycle exact"
cycles returned by Cycles_GetCounter(CYCLES_COUNTER_CPU) are more bogus
(often there's zero diff from previous instruction) than the old UAE
core provided ones.  :-/

WinUAE's 68000 cycle exact mode is correct ; the fact that
Cycles_GetCounter (which is Hatari specific, not WinUAE) doesn't return
correct values sometimes is a problem in the Falcon's mode
implementation, not in WinUAE.

What increments the CPU counter?  Any idea why it wouldn't be
incremented on Falcon emulation for WinUAE core?

the cpu counter is "local" to each instruction and is reset when the instruction has been fully processed. I know Laurent added some calls to get/set counter at some points to handle the number of cycles for the dsp, so it's probably related, but I don't know this part that much.