Re: [hatari-devel] Next Hatari release?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Douglas Little wrote:

Woo.. I'll take a look.Thanks!

On 22 February 2013 14:00, Miro Kropá?ek <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
            It would be nice to have an 'unconstrained' emulation mode which uses all available host CPU time

Actually, Evil/DHS did something similar in his patch: http://dhs.nu/hatari/

Hi,

actually that's gizmos work. But if I'm not wrong it just divided the number of cycles each instruction used, so once down to 1, it wouldn't speed up any more. It's nothing really worthwhile.

I agree a "full speed" CPU would be great, especially with JIT. Aranym has it, but the FPU bugs (our texturemapper is very glitchy under it) and it lacks MFP.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/