Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core cycles issue

On keskiviikko 27 helmikuu 2013, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> When looking into using OpcodeFamily variable in profiler, I found out
> that the default WinUAE CPU core doesn't update that variable.

Here's how much it's used in the code generated for different WinUAE
CPU core variants and the old UAE core:
$ for i in src/*/cpuemu*.c; do echo $i:; grep OpcodeFamily $i|wc -l; done
src/cpu/cpuemu_0.c:
	2173
src/cpu/cpuemu_11.c:
	1555
src/cpu/cpuemu_12.c:
	1555
src/cpu/cpuemu_20.c:
	   0
src/cpu/cpuemu_21.c:
	   0
src/cpu/cpuemu_31.c:
	1878
src/cpu/cpuemu_32.c:
	1847
src/uae-cpu/cpuemu.c:
	3734

I.e. it's updated in most of the WinUAE CPU cores, except two of them.
When looking at gencpu.c, it's explicitly disable for those in mistaken
belief that OpcodeFamily is used just for (ST) instruction pairing.

	- Eero