Re: [hatari-devel] Joystick not working in Warlocks Quest with tos 1.62

On 15/10/2011 20:45, Christer Solskogen wrote:
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Nicolas Pomarède
<npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 15/10/2011 17:35, Christer Solskogen a écrit :

I'm not quite sure if this is a bug in hatari or in TOS. But I'm
pretty sure I was able to run Warlocks Quest on my Atari STe.
And, how can I debug this to give you enough information? The only
thing I know is that the joystick works fine with older tos. (Maybe it
is a ST/STe issue?)

Hello

I can get this too. In STF mode tos 1.04, the keyboard doesn't react.
In STE mode tos 1.62, I can move the character using arrows and ctrl (no
need to activate joystick) ; still, this doesn't seem to work smoothly
(Steem reacts better).

Yeah, and that is because Warlocks Quest supports using the keyboard,
so you are not using joystick emulation.

Hello

back to this old game. With recent ACIA/IKBD, it seems I now have better results.

Still the game has different behaviour depending on the TOS :
- TOS 1.02 and 1.62 are working (the game doesn't start immediatly, you have the "press the fire button" message) - TOS 1.04 : game starts immediatly and neither keyboard nor joystick are reacting properly (the wizard moves to the right automatically)

I see the same results with the same TOS under Steem, so unless both Hatari and Steem are wrong, I think there's a bug in the game when used with TOS 1.04.

In STE mode, with TOS 1.62, the game works now.
But note that the keyboard mode seems buggy as you can't move and jump at the same time. The joystick mode works much better.

I don't have an STF with TOS 1.04, neither an STE, so I can't confirm this on a real machine. But so far, I think emulation is correct now and the game has some bugs.