[hatari-devel] A demand from Doug Little

Hi all, Doug Little asked me some help with hatari building, cygwin and macos.

If someone has an answear for him.

His message just below.

Best regards
Laurent

-------------------
Hi Laurent,

I don't want to bug you too much but I'm having a little trouble getting the latest Hatari to work under Cygwin.

I obtained SDL 1.2.15 and found it didn't build under Cygwin with gcc4 and had to apply a minor patch for that. Following this patch, SDL built without errors and installed ok. However the newly built Hatari complains about video device:

$ ./hatari.exe
Hatari v1.6.2, compiled on: Jan 23 2013, 14:50:42
Could not initialize the SDL library:
No available video device

(this is from the cygwin console or from the X terminal with DISPLAY=:0.0 - same result)

There is probably a simple procedure to get this working (preferred versions, patches, specific steps) written up somewhere but I can't find it. Do you have any advice on this or links I can look at for the correct steps?

(I tried building on MacOSX also, and Hatari builds & runs and the UI appears when invoked but there is no text on the UI buttons - they are all blank. This might be another SDL version issue but Cygwin is more important for me just now for access to Suite56 DSP tools)

I have been able to do a lot so far using Hatari 1.6.2 it's been really helpful!

Thanks
Doug