Re: [hatari-devel] GEMBench results for TT & Falcon modes

On torstai 17 tammikuu 2013, Thomas Huth wrote:
> schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > > GemBench 4.03 works fine with WinUAE core and Falcon results are
> > > *much* better than the old UAE core ones I mailed earlier.  See
> > > attachments.
> >
> > Wow, how that could be possible? When I run WinUAE builds, it feels
> > horribly slow, FS:5 all the time (1.6 GHz dual core), with the old
> > core I'm at 1-2 most of the time (unless I start a dsp app).

For proper DSP emulation you typically need ~2Ghz machine or better
(And the more accurate the emulation is made, the slower it will be).

If you're running programs that don't need DSP, disable DSP emulation
(toggling that needs emulated system reboot as DSP isn't hot-swappable
on real hardware).  If program uses DSP just for background music,
but doesn't normally work without DSP, you might e.g. try disabling
music and play the music from mp3's outside of Hatari.  :-)

> You've got to distinguish between the accuracy of cycles that the
> emulated program sees and the speed of the emulation (which is
> responsible for frameskip if it is too slow). I think Eero was talking
> about the cycle accuracy, not the speed of emulation.

Yes, GemBench does it's measurements inside the emulation
(as it's an Atari program :-)).