Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari customized build

On tiistai 11 joulukuu 2012, Adam Klobukowski wrote:
> I'd like to build Hatari like this:
>  - no JIT

Of the UAE CPU cores supported by Hatari, only the newer WinUAE one
has support for JIT, but even that is not enabled in Hatari builds.

I.e. regardless of which CPU core you select for the build,
there will be no JIT.

>  - no calling to binaries during build (CPU emu)

If you look into src/*cpu/CMakeLists.txt files, it's clear that
same code generators are built for both cores:
- build68k, to generate cpudefs.c (CPU definitions table)
- gencpu, to generate several cpu*.c files

In the old UAE CPU core case there are only two files generated
by gencpu:
----
        add_custom_command(OUTPUT cpuemu.c cpustbl.c
                COMMAND ${GENCPU_EXE}  DEPENDS gencpu)
----

In WinUAE case there are more:
----
        add_custom_command(OUTPUT cpustbl.c cpuemu_0.c cpuemu_11.c
cpuemu_12.c
                                cpuemu_20.c cpuemu_21.c cpuemu_31.c
cpuemu_32.c
                COMMAND ${GENCPU_EXE}  DEPENDS gencpu)
----

To skip the code generators, you need to provide the files
otherwise, but note that they will be removed when build
is cleaned.

> Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with CMake. Please help.

Why do you want this?

Hatari CMake build files support cross-building Hatari.
If you have problems with that, please give the exact
details of your problem.