Re: [hatari-devel] Delayed mouse movements with TT emulation

On sunnuntai 04 marraskuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Then the UI has more functions to apply changes, with different
> behaviour (eg : changing to machine='tt' is not the same in UI and in
> commande line).

That's because they need to work differently.

In the UI user changes everything to his liking and the applies
it all at the same time.  In the CLI changes need to be done
incrementally and have certain order, otherwise user couldn't
select a generic option (like "--machine st") and then change
some part from that (like "--cpuclock 16").

> Over the year, different init functions were added and now everything is
> quite entangled, with init for hardware components, init for
> sound/graphics system, init for drive emulation on the local filesystem,
> ... all in one place, with no specific order.
>
> I think we should have a cleaner logic, with well defined steps (inits
> that deals with the underlying OS, init for the emulated components,
> ...).

But this I can definitely agree with.

> Unfortunatelly, I don't have time to work on this now (and I would
> expect quite a headache to sort it out ;) ), so I will leave it this
> way, unless someone wants to do it.

Likewise. :-/