Re: [hatari-devel] [Bug found] : divul.l

Am Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:44:01 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On torstai 08 marraskuu 2012, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> > I think I've found another bug in hatari (new core, but probably old
> > core too).
> >
> > In my test, I've coded the following :
> >
> > move.l        #100,d3
> > divul.l    #100000,d3:d4
> >

> > Hatari disassembled code shows :
> >
> > $05bf88 : 263c 0000 0064                       move.l    #$64,d3
> > $05bf8e : 4c7c 4003 0001 86a0                  divu.l    #$186a0,d4
>
> Frank Wille also just reported that the external disassembler is
> buggy, he said that it for example doesn't show CMPI instructions
> correctly.   UAE core dissassembler shows them correctly, but
> it's output otherwise less nice.

The external disassembler also has some problems with certain PMMU
instructions. Is there an easy way to switch back to the UAE
disassembler without recompiling? If not, Eero, could you please add an
option to the debugger for doing so? That would be helpful for such
cases when we're not sure whether the disassembler prints out the right
things...