RE: [hatari-devel] TT emulation

[...]
> In general it looks OK to me.  Here are couple of quick comments:
>
> * bTTSampleHold is used in Videl drawing code, but it doesn't seem to
>   be zeroed if user switches to Falcon emulation (which also uses videl
>   code).  This the only real issue.

Ok, I'll correct that.

> * Only bTTSampleHold seems need to be global, i.e. it seems that
>   bTThypermono should be static...

Ok, I'll move bool bTTHypermono from screen.h to video.c as static bool.
I thought about that and wasn't sure if its ok. Finally I put both TT special video modes together in one file.

> * rest of videl.c code uses different brace ('{}') positioning convention[1]
>   than your patch.
>
> [1] Different files in Hatari sources use different  conventions depending
>     on their originating project and who has written / maintains them.

Ok, I'll correct that.

> > In additional, I attached test application for SampleHold and TT
> > Hypermono mode.
>
> That seems to work.  Are there any other demos using these modes?

I don’t think so.
But as I mentioned before, I'm trying to prepare small TT demo with those features.

> There are actually already several other TT demos (from tscc) that don't work
> properly in Hatari (as documented in compatibility list), for example:
> * http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=52339
> * http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=16426

Both demos needs unsupported by Hatari feature - TT-RAM. And in case of Ray's TT-Highres  TT cycle exact mode.
Currently, access to ST-RAM (and hardware I guess) is too fast in case of TT emulation. The TT has 500ns access to ST-RAM (like ST) but under Hatari, Nembench shows that access is about twice faster (Falcon's style?)

Regards
Cyprian