Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 1.6.2 on Raspberry Pi

On Sunday 01 July 2012 14:18, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On keskiviikko 27 keskuu 2012, Jerome Vernet wrote:
> > Managed to have sourd, optimzed for arm, got FS between 1 and 3 on
> > gem,desktop, and PACEMAKER demo is pretty watchable with FS at 5.
>
> http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-
> file/tip/doc/manual.html#Performance
>
> > You will need to optimize things !
>
> You will need to profile it.
>
> I suggest using Oprofile first to see whether you have
> system bottlenecks.
>

> I don't expect much out of it though as Hatari has been profiled
> & optimized several times during the years.  I did that myself for
> ARM around v0.90 - v1.0 and few times later on.  More accurate
> emulation just takes more time and Hatari gets more accurate with
> each version.
>

> 	- Eero

Hi,

Here are two lines that I use to get the best of my 1GHz Pentium3:

cmake -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-march=pentium3 -O3 -pipe" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/username/hatari ..
make install/strip

-O3 -march= and install/strip make a significant improvement for me.

David