Re: [hatari-devel] configure does not check for zlib.h

On keskiviikko 30 toukokuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 30/05/2012 22:32, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> > And I think it should, since without it compilation will fail.

Christer, please provide the full error log.

> are you sure ? In CMakelists.txt :
>
> find_package(ZLIB)
> if(ZLIB_FOUND)
>          set(HAVE_LIBZ 1)
>          set(HAVE_ZLIB_H 1)
> endif(ZLIB_FOUND)

Source code doesn't seem to use these defines:
$ grep -l -e HAVE_LIBZ -e HAVE_ZLIB_H $(find src/ -name '*.[ch]*')

ZLIB_FOUND is checked in src/CMakeLists.txt to
check whether to include zlib header and whether
to link with zlib, nothing else...

As Zlib is listed as requirement for Hatari build,
I think cmake should instead error out if it's not
found.

zlib itself is used by several source files:
$ grep -l zlib.h $(find src/ -name '*.[ch]*')
src/includes/unzip.h
src/dim.c
src/zip.c
src/memorySnapShot.c