Re: [hatari-devel] YM2149_sound_table++

On 31/03/2012 01:11, David Savinkoff wrote:
Hi,

These patches make the 'ST table' sound better.
The table is expanded from a 16*16*16 to a 32*32*32
matrix using geometric mean interpolation for the
empty elements.

Linear mixing may have had an overflow that is fixed.

ym2149_fixed_vol.h has the same data with a few
braces added for required 3-dimensional array syntax.

David

Hello,

thanks, patch applied. I can't hear any real difference, as the changes are rather subtle but using a better interpolation can't do any harm :)

By the way, I had troubles applying your diff files ; did you remove the last empty line or something like that ? I had to add an empty line in the diff file to correct this.

patching file ym2149_fixed_vol.h
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
Hunk #1 FAILED at 6.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ym2149_fixed_vol.h.rej

patch -b -p2 < ~/sound.c.table.diff
patching file sound.c
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line