Re: [hatari-devel] YM2149_sound_table++

On 14/04/2012 22:30, David Savinkoff wrote:

The two patches in the following link are exactly what I sent,
and work for me:

http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel/2012/03/msg00097.html

The only lines that I hand edit are the ones containing the
path to the file, before the first hunk. eg.
--- hatari/src/includes/ym2149_fixed_vol.h	2012-03-16 15:25:07.000000000 -0700

To test that the missing line is Not my fault, I patched an
old version of both sound.c and ym2149_fixed_vol.h with
the patch I sent above, then made a new patch, then
diff'd the patches. The only difference was in the first
two lines with the pathname and date.
Thus I can state that the carriage return on the last line
is Not missing in either patch; both provided in the link
above.

It is possible that the last line was removed by the email system.

It is possible that old diff and patch utilities are not compatible with
new versions.

David

Well, I don't know. It would seems strange to me that patch/diff which are a widely used tool would not be compatible with older versions. Not a big deal anyway, we'll see next time a patch if sent if other people have the same problem than me.

By the way, why do you have to hand edit the 1st line of the patch ? I would expect that using '-p' when patching is enough to handle different paths.