[hatari-devel] Calls to video_getPosition killing :)

I'm trying to remove all the calls to video_getPosition(), Video_GetPosition_OnWriteAccess() and Video_GetPosition_OnReadAccess() when in Falcon mode.

I've launched hatari under gdb with 3 breakpoints:
 - 1 in video_getPosition()
 - 1 in Video_GetPosition_OnWriteAccess()
 - 1 in Video_GetPosition_OnReadAccess()

I've broken on all these functions:

MFP_ActiveEdge_WriteByte ()

IKBD_KeyboardControl_WriteByte ()
IKBD_KeyboardData_WriteByte ()

DC_ResetDMA ()
FDC_DmaModeControl_WriteWord ()
FDC_DiskController_WriteWord ()
FDC_DiskControllerStatus_ReadWord ()
FDC_WriteSectorRegister ()
FDC_DmaAddress_WriteByte ()
FDC_WriteCommandRegister ()
FDC_TypeI_Restore ()
FDC_Check_MotorON ()
FDC_CmdCompleteCommon ()
FDC_WriteTrackRegister ()
FDC_TypeI_Seek ()
FDC_TypeIV_ForceInterrupt ()

It seems that the FDC calls loops indefinitely (it always sequence).

This brings me one question:
- do these "cycle exact" functions need to be related to video cycles exact ?
- couldn't they be related to an internal "clock" ?
- couldn't there be some internal clocks for the different values we need that would act a bit like cycint ?

Regards

Laurent