Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with printer output?

Hello,

I added that printer support about 6 or 7 or even more years back.

Am Freitag, den 03.02.2012, 00:41 +0200 schrieb Eero Tamminen:
> Hi,
>
> TOS tester program outputs a small file from disk
> to a printer device using TOS GEMDOS facilities
> for this.
>
> This works fine for TOS v1.00, v3.06, v4.04
> and EmuTOS.
>
> However, Hatari creates no printer output file
> when same test program is run within TOS versions
> v1.02 - v2.06.

I can't remember on which TOSes I tested the output back then.
For the moment I cannot confirm v2.06. It works here for TOS v2.06 with
my standard Satandisk config. I only clicked on "Print" on the desktop
for NEWDESK.INF

The output was correctly generated. Hatari built is about 2 or 3 weeks
old.

> The output file is created in function:
> 	Printer_TransferByteTo()
>
> in printer.c, which is called only from:
> 	PSG_Set_DataRegister()
>
> in psg.c.

That is intentionally because I wanted to make printer support available
for systems that would bypass the TOS.

Maybe my hack back then was just a "simple fit". I reverseengineered the
behaviour with the help of the Atari ST Profibuch 1988 issue.

Maybe my timing assumptions were not 100% for all TOS?

> Any idea why printer would work only for some
> TOS versions and not for the others?

None, the PSG mapped I/O port is the official connection for ST
machines. (I can't tell for TT or Falcon though, although I assume it is
there as well.)

I can only imagine that my interception code is not 100%.

> 	- Eero

Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>