Re: [hatari-devel] Microwire register value on Falcon

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:39:56 +0100 (CET)
schrieb laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx:

> Hi,
>
> I think it needs a few more tests here (especially for $ff8924).
>
> For $ff8922, does it still read 0 after a write of a value != 0 in
> the register ? I mean does it still read 0 after a MOVE.B
> #$A5,$FF8922.B (or any value you want instead of $A5).

Sure, that's the purpose of IoMem_VoidRead_00().

> For $FF8924, according to what I saw in team.prg (a soccer game that
> is supposed to run on STE and  Falcon), the program loops forever
> into :
>
> $0397bc : 31fc 07ff 8924                       move.w
> #$7ff,$ffff8924.w $0397c2 : 0c78 07ff 8924
> cmpi.w    #$7ff,$ffff8924.w $0397c8 :
> 66f2                                 bne.s     $397bc
>
> I bypassed this by removing the microwire from the ioMemTabFalcon.c,
> but that's obviously not the good way to fix this (it was just for
> the test). Again I would like to be sure that writing a value to
> $ff8924 should return this value instead of 0.

Ok, looking at your example above, we might need to use
IoMem_ReadWithoutInterception() and IoMem_WriteWithoutInterception()
for ff8924 instead.

My Falcon is buried somewhere in the basement, ... Could somebody
please run Cyprian's MCRW tester on a real Falcon?

 Regards,