[hatari-devel] Hatari 1.6 for Mac OS X

Hello!
As i am new to this mailing list, let me first introduce myself:
My name is Andreas and i am living in Austria. I am interested in old computer hardware and software, especially NeXTstep.

I am involved in the project of writing a NeXT Computer emulator called "Previous". It is based upon Hatari and i am maintaining the Mac OS X version of it.

(If you want to learn more about the "Previous" project and its current state, you can find informations here:
http://previous.alternative-system.com/ and here: http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2642)

I recently saw there is no Mac OS X build of the latest Hatari. Having all the pre-requisites necessary to build Hatari/Previous, i thought i could quickly make a binary of Hatari 1.6 for Mac OS X. You can load the binary here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44703754/Hatari%201.6.dmg

This build has been made from default sources, with one little modification to allow it to build on Xcode 3.1.3/Mac OS X 10.5.8 PPC:

*** /trunk/src/gui-osx/Shared.h	2011-12-04 11:53:41.000000000 +0100
--- /Previous/src/gui-osx/Shared.h	2011-12-10 19:11:59.000000000 +0100
***************
*** 8,13 ****
--- 8,14 ----
  #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

  // Wrapper to run an NSWindow modally
+ @protocol NSWindowDelegate;
  @interface ModalWrapper : NSWindowController <NSWindowDelegate>
  {
      IBOutlet NSWindow *modalWindow;

This build is untested for the most part, but it starts and runs the tos.img that is included with the source code. System requirements for this build are Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later (including 10.7.x), it is a universal binary with 3 architectures (PPC and x86 (32-bit and 64-bit)).
Feel free to release this version, but i think it might be good if someone who has experiences with Hatari could first test it.
Warning: There is an SDL/Mac OS X related bug, that causes SDL based applications to crash on Mac OS X v10.7.x (may even crash the system!). Hatari is also affected by this bug. Avoid going to full screen mode, if you are on Mac OS X v10.7.

with best regards,

Andreas