Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 1.6.1 test build for Mac OS X

On sunnuntai 15 tammikuu 2012, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> I had never tried the video capture before. It did seem to slow down
> Hatari significantly. I was trying to play Llamatron 2112 with the video
> capture on and it was very sluggish. I was playing Hatari in a window
> rather than full screen. However, the video file itself was full speed.

There are two things affecting its performance:

* Video frame compression in PNG format
  - Faster CPU or SIMD accelerated[1] PNG library could help
* Disk write speed
  - Faster disk (RAID array?) would help

	- Eero

[1] PNG compression isn't something that's easily SIMD accelerated
    unlike e.g. JPEG which is matrix based compression method.