Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari UI, Python & Gtk, v2 vs v3

Hi Eero,

> Have you tested that the other python code:
> * hconsole example.py
bytes() is python 2.6

> * stuff in atari-hd-image.sh
bytearray() is python 2.6

> * rest of Hatari UI

I went over the code again with the best of my knowledge and thoroughness,
and determined that the only change since my last patch is to change the
python-2.6 keyword 'as' to ',' in your code for python-2.4 compatibility.

I am providing a new patch (not for hatari, but to correct the last one),
and a log of my manual test of hatariui.

Search for >>> in the log to find my comments.
Search for IndexError and AssertionError.

Observations:

hatariui doesn't have an option for [model] [table] [linear] in
hatariui: Devices > Sound > Sound settings

Hatari Screen Capture (grab0001.png) Video (hatari.avi) and
Sound (hatari.wav) work with hatari-ui on my old system.

The log was made after freshly installing hatari with no .hatari
directory, hatariui was run first. EmuTOS 0.8.6 booted up in hatariui.
See hatari.user.log.

Line 9 of the log shows this ubiquitous and unexplained message:
/usr/bin/../share/hatari/hatariui/hatariui.py:608: GtkWarning: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure: assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL' failed

The tracebacks in the log don't appear to be obviously related to my
patches (as far as I can see). Maybe python 2.4 vs python 2.6
incompatibilities or bugs.

Conclusion:

Hatari should (and does?) support python 2.6.6 and gtk 2.18.9 for
RHEL/CentOS/SL 6 at least until version 7.

David