Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 1.6.1 test build for Mac OS X

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Jerome Vernet wrote:

Let me know if you find bug/error related to MacOsX Gui. I know that, sometime, the preference box crash. Don't know why, and where. Something misinitialized, may be...

Hi Jerome,

thanks for the build. I've tried it on my 10.7 system and it fires up and runs like my own builds.

These are the problems I found:

1. No Falcon version in your archive (with the new WinUAE CPU).

2. When recording an animation, the drop-down menu option for stop recording is greyed out even though the recording is active.

3. The fast formard (cmd-x) is locked to VBL rate, so the fast forward is maximum 60 Hz which is only 20% fast forward. I think this is due to the new SDL patches and that it does a vsync even in fast forward mode. Previously fastforward worked in fullscreen but not in window mode. But now it's not working in either. This is quite a bummer for me as I love to fastforward to a certain point in my demos instead of waiting for minutes each run :) (for development reasons).

Also a feature suggestion:

Adding Falcon audio replay freqs in the GUI to avoid sample rate conversion when dumping Falcon sound.

Falcon have these freqs in addition to the STe compatible modes:

49170 Hz
32780 Hz
24585 Hz
19668 Hz
12292 Hz

Especially the two first ones would be useful in the GUI as those are the ones used in most Falcon software.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/