Re: [hatari-devel] joystick subsystem patch for configurable axis mapping

Am Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:50:57 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On tiistai 13 joulukuu 2011, Matthias Arndt wrote:

> > > "hg diff"

> > > 	- Eero
> >
> > Thanks, it took me some time to figure out that I had to mention a
> > specific revision.
>
> Why?  Patches should be against the latest version.

"hg diff" alone only shows the patch against the latest checked-in
version. So if Matthias already committed the patch to his local
repository, he has to specify the previous revision number.

So for generating patches for the mailing list, you could also try
"hg outgoing -p" instead. There is also a "hg email" command that
sounds promising, but I have to admit that I never used it so far, so I
am not sure how useful it is.