[hatari-devel] Proposal to introduce a configuration for a code formatting tool

Hello together,

as my recent joystick subsystem patch triggered another case of coding
style and formatting, I want to make a proposal.

To keep formatting and indenting of the code clean and always the same,
I suggest that we add a fixed configuration file for a formatting tool
like Artistic Style or GNU Indent to the repository.

That way every user could reformat any C file to a defined Hatari
standard. This could fix things like "indent with 8 spaces instead TAB
characters" and deal with placement of braces.

I even think that esp Artistic Style allows to keep current settings
unless configured to change them.

Regards,
Matthias
--