Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal to introduce a configuration for a code formatting tool

Le 15/12/2011 17:58, Matthias Arndt a écrit :
Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2011, 17:46 +0100 schrieb Nicolas Pomarède:

I personally think that it helps a lot of files always have the same
look and feel. I don't intend to touch all parts of the code so it can
be fine for me.

I agree for new files, for old files, seeing the few number of people that work on them and the fact that indenting is not that bad anyway, I think it's ok to keep it this way.

Seeing the "existing style" is sometimes very hard to see. I even think
the whole code was formatted to 4 spaces already. At least that aligned
okaish in Code::Blocks.

Most code uses 'tab' in hatari, so setting tab=4 or 8 spaces in your IDE will keep it aligned, you won't realise the difference.

The problem is that in some part of your patch (open it with vim for example), the tabs were exported as spaces instead of real tab. And tabs were replaced by 4 spaces, hence the indenting problem when pushing it to Hatari's tree.

Check that your IDE has an option to automatically convert consecutives spaces to tabs, so they're exported as tabs later (and use 8 spaces per tab for Hatari, that the setting everywhere)