Re: [hatari-devel] Circuit Analysed YM2149 Sound is Here

On Wednesday 21 December 2011 16:05, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 18/12/2011 10:29, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch allows you to use the SDL Menu to select and compare:
> > - Circuit analysed YM2149 in the ST/STE/TT/Falcon (best sound)
> > - Volume Table method (second best sound)
> > - Linear method - renamed to ZX 128 (best for Spectrum ZX 128)
> >

> > Listen to the sh11inv demo!
> > Please include in Hatari.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
>
> Hello
>
> thanks for this patch, I applied it after changing a few things :
>
>   - I prefer keeping "linear" instead of ZX 128, as we're in Atari's
> emulation, I'm not sure it would make sense to many users
>
>   - I replaced the YM_YM2149_MIXING with YM_MODEL_MIXING to better
> emphasize the fact that this is a mathematical model of the YM2149
>
>   - I also had to make the sound dialog a little bit larger to put all
> the texts in it.

The sound dialog to is too tall when the Status bar AND Boarders
are removed. The 'Sound' menu doesn't appear, and the message is:
Screen size too small for dialog!
(I think the dialog has One Line too many)

> Hope that's fine with you ; result sound nice with YM50K (a little less
> noise sound than with "table" mixing).

All is very fine, except for the Sound dialog.

I'm looking forward to improving the sound even more.