Re: [hatari-devel] TT mono mode Timer-C problem

On 22 Dec 2011 at 1:33, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> On perjantai 16 joulukuu 2011, Roger Burrows wrote:
> > I was testing EmuTOS using TT mono mode (TT High), and had problems
> > opening a drive window by double-clicking on the desktop icon.
>
> Yes, it seems to be about impossible without using Hatari's
> "middle click emulates double-click" thing.
>

> > After a
> > bit of work, I discovered that the 200Hz (5 msec) system timer is
> > actually running at about 400Hz, which (among other things), speeds up
> > the timer interrupt at etv_timer, and causes double-clicks to seem twice
> > as slow as they really are.
> >
> > The attached program (compiled under Lattice C on a real TT) uses the
> > system ticks value in low memory to count off seconds and display them.
> > If you run this in TT mono mode, the seconds go by at about twice the
> > normal rate.  The program also uses a crude loop counter to see if there
> > is any significant variability in the time between clock pulses (I
> > wondered if perhaps two clock pulses were being signalled every 5msec),
> > but there doesn't seem to be.
>
> Are the counts supposed to differ between TT color and mono resolutions?

No.  They are there just to see if the problem might be due to somehow taking
two interrupts every time instead of one.  That would have shown up as a low
count between every other interrupt, e.g.:

count 1 500000
count 2 10
count 3 500000
count 4 10
etc.

> For me they are same for both (4x times larger than for ST and 2x larger
> than for Falcon).

Yes, I think that's right.

> > This problem occurs with either EmuTOS or TOS 3.06, but ONLY in TT mono
> > mode. It does not occur if the screen mode is set to RGB.

Roger