Re: [gluon] creator componenent tree

On Saturday 13 March 2010 08:50:19 Istdasklar wrote:
> i would like to know if we can now start to think which component need to
> be done and organize them in a tree.

  Technically i would like this to be done on the basis of namespace
separation. So that to get a structure in the treeview like:

Graphics
- Sprite Renderer
- Text Renderer
Sound
- Sound Listener
- Sound Emitter
Behavior Trees
- Brain
- Character

you would have a hypothetical set of classes with their namespace structure
like so:

GluonEngine::Graphics::SpriteRenderer
GluonEngine::Graphics::TextRenderer
GluonEngine::Sound::SoundListener
GluonEngine::Sound::SoundEmitter
SMARTS::BehaviorTrees::Brain
SMARTS::BehaviorTrees::Character

Note the following details:

* The first level of namespacing is removed - a technicality, but it allows us
  to make the namespace hierarchy cleaner than otherwise.
* The CamelCasing is used to separate words. This function will be needed in
  other places in Creator, so a general function for this will be needed.

> for example:
> graphics
> -spriterenderer
> -textrenderer
> -camera
> -lightrenderer
> -meshrenderer
>
> sound
> -soundlistener
> -soudemitter
>
> input
> -inputcomponent
>
> divers
> -qtscript component
>
> so, what else ? we need to wrte this list on wiki and improve it. 8 will
> take a look around unity3d to see what it uses

  The list is on the wiki already, but yes, it would be good to get it filled
out somewhat. http://www.gluon.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=TODO (the
section ToDo - Gluon 2010.07 Alpha 1, the full link didn't fit in the email)

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon