[gluon] Re: Fwd: Re: Music for a game

  The word is that once the alpha is out the door (which may well be in the
next few days, as in less than a week), we will be putting things into
overdrive. As for the Quantum Sea project, we need that on at least a
prototype stage by at the very least mid May (because we (as in us working on
it for the project at uni) need to do some testing using it as well), so
around that time it would be good to have something. As for the finished game,
i suspect that would be around Akademy 2010 in early July, where i hope to
show it off at the presentation i'm due to make about Gluon there ;)

  Importantly, though, in reference to Mr. P's question: The game is not time-
limited for each level (some levels may be, but not the ones created to start
with). For duration of levels, you can think puzzle game: You've no idea how
short or how long a player will spend on each level. It could be multiples of
seconds, or it could be many, many minutes.
  Specifically i can see the game being made with two or three looping tracks
of music (not sure how Przemysław feels about this?), each with a different
mood - to underline which type of level the current one is: High-pace action,
slow-paced puzzle, that sort of thing.

  Hope that clears it up a little bit :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon