[gluon] Re: Fwd: Re: Music for a game

On Monday 22 March 2010 22:39:57 you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the info! I've got one more question - you wrote that:
> >  Specifically i can see the game being made with two or three looping
> > tracks of music (not sure how Przemysław feels about this?), each with a
> > different mood - to underline which type of level the current one is:
> > High-pace action, slow-paced puzzle, that sort of thing.
>
> Do you mean that there will be some levels with high-pace action and
> some levels which will be slow-paced puzzles, or will the game tempo
> be likely to change within one level? Technically - do the different
> music themes have to pass into each other? I've started doing it so,
> but I'm not sure if it's necessary. As for the looping tracks - I'm
> doing it more or less that way, but I was rather thinking of a few
> "blocks" of music within each mood, which could be each time aligned
> with a bit of randomness.

  i mean that each level will have a different pace, not that the pace would
change inside one level - but if you have already started doing so, i guess
that it might actually be interesting to have that possibility when designing
the different levels :) In fact, an idea for level design which is based on
waves just popped into my head, which would make it all sorts of nifty to have
music which is able to change its mood like that ;) But yes, if it becomes a
problem, don't worry about it :)
  And as for the block based musical score, that's an absolutely brilliant
idea! :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon