Re: [gluon] Shared textures

On Saturday 19 December 2009 19:12:26 David Palacio wrote:
> I noticed that KGL does not support sharing textures between items. One
>  issue is that KGLTexture is not meant to be shared since on destruction
>  the item deletes the texture. Another is that on destruction the
>  KGLTexture instance takes down the GL texture as well. The only available
>  option is to create unique textures for each item.
>
> This is a showstopper for me so I ask you if you have plans to change this
>  for the future.

Currently, Sascha (DrIDK) is working on refactoring KGL to use Qt 4.6 and not
depend on KDELibs, together with some other changes. This problem is one we
missed, however, I'm glad at least someone noticed, we can change it now. :)

- Arjen (ahiemstra)

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon