Re: [gluon] Gluon avatar!

On Saturday 25 July 2009 16:17:51 idk wrote:
> Dear Graphist, I have a request for you, if you want
>
> I propose to make an Avatar geneator for gluon games.. Like Mii on wii.
> So, it will be cool if you draw some face, some noose, ear .... Like the
> potatoes man.
>
> This is an example :
>
> http://www.koreus.com/files/200407/generateur_avatars.html
>
> http://skype.weeworld.com/weemee.aspx  ( verry good)
>
> Each part of this, can be done in SVG file.
> After the community can help us and improve the graphics Library.
> If you are interested, answer me . ( Ken, peter, ikit , eugene ?)
>
> this picture is me![image: WeeMee_16021816_for_istdasklar.jpg]

  i would strongly suggest getting in touch with the GGZ people about this -
making something like this available for a wider variety of systems would be
the most prudent course of action, i believe. That is, write up a small
description of how such a system would work, send it to various FLOSS gaming
email lists, such as the GGZ list, and perhaps also to a few of the web sites
which provide news for linux and other open source games, try and get them to
pick up our attempt at providing a generic avatar system for open source games
and such :)

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon