Re: [freevolive-users] FXD file hangs mandriva

HI Michel,

Thanks for your response. I've installed the system and copied the *.std file to the hard drive. I have 1GB RAM and 320GB hard drive on the system.

I just had a thought which was sparked from you. So what I did was copy the *.fxd to a CD and then booted into Mandriva and inserted the CD into the drive. Freevo picked up the CD in "Watch a Video" - then the *.fxd worked great (Reading it from the CD). Do you think because it's a read-only file system (ISO9660) made it work?

cheers,
rob

Best Regards,
Robert Keir

Michel Hoogervorst wrote:
Hi Rob,

Did you try to do this while running live (from cd), or dit you try
this after an installation to harddisk?  While running live, this
could be a memory problem, how much memory do you have in your system?
 Around 512MB should do more then fine though.

What if you leave the fxd file on your harddrive, and select it
manually (under "Browse local filesystems")?  Does it crash then as
well?

Michel