Re: [eledmac] Need testers

Hi !

First time using all this tuxfamily, github and cie, so sorry if I don't do it properly !
I've just been able to read the pdf documentation for the moment. Since you said you were a bit tired to check the spelling, I've given it a try. Here are some of the parts I would change:

9.10 Adding annotation to verse numbers

You may want to have two numbers or more associated to a verse. For example, in the following case:

In those two cases, you had to add...

annotation to a verse number

the annotation can contain any textual value (), for example the line number in a previous edition.

is associated to a verse

it resets every new verse

in the margin

after the line number

but here is the main interest of this feature

if two or more annotations are called before a \edtext, only the last one is used in the associated notes

if an annotation is called in a \edtext, it is printed as an annotation at the end of the lemma

Here is an example supposing we are in line 1:

In the critical notes, the line number will be followed:

- by nothing in the first lemma, as there is still no annotation for this line ;

-

- by « A-B » for the third lemma, as it starts while annotation A is still going and it finishes when annotation B starts

9.10.1 Modifying the annotation …

The \linenum macro changes the line number passed to a note. \lineannot does the same for the annotations. --- Like with \linenum, if you want to change some specific part of the annotation, you can use:

9.10.2

By default, annotations are put after the line numbers, both in the margins and in the footnotes.

- \Xlinenumannotationposition.... to change its position in critical footnotes, <s> for the series of footnotes to which it applies

Note that … without any optional argument will…

-\Xendlinenumannotationposition.... to change its position in critical endnotes, <s> for the series of endnotes to which it applies

.... can be after or before the line number.

9.10.3

By default, annotations are wrapped in the...

- <s> for the series of footnotes to which it applies

- Note that … without any optional argument will…

- Note that … without any optional argument will…

- <s> for the series of endnotes to which it applies

(\/) is a command that can take on argument, the antislash is required though.

For example, if you do not want to have annotations in the margins but want them in bold in the critical footnotes, you have to use:

Anyway, I am not sure I've done it well but I've tried. This new numbering option sounds amazing by the way ! Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Patrick

Dear all reledmac users,

I am proud to tell you that I have, I hope, finished to implement a new feature asked  many times : the possibility to add second line number associated with a line of verses, for example to refer to an older lineation.

I would be happy if some of you could test the branch « issue602 » (read to know how to do it https://github.com/maieul/ledmac#debug-and-feature-requests).

There should have two types of tests:
- General test to be sur I have not broken features (I don’t think so, as the comparisons of my MWE are ok).
- Testing the feature, if it corresponds to your needs. The handbook is enclosed, you should read the § 9.10 (I am too tired to check for English spelling, but I will do it later)

All the feedback should be done on https://github.com/maieul/ledmac/issues/602
Notes that you must delete your .aux file before testing this branch

Best regards,

Maïeul

Ps: the release number is not fixed yet.