[eledmac] sameword and lemma

I am not sure whether I have completely understood all intricacies of \sameword together with \lemma as described in the reledmac-manual p.28f.

Would it be correct to conclude the following rule:
"I only have to think about setting the sameword-levels manually when there is a second (third…) edtext with a lemma that references the same \sameword{}s nested within my top-level edtext. In all other instances using \sameword[inlemma]{…} will suffice."

If I could assume this to be correct, I could use [inlemma] as a default and only search for the few nested instances afterwards. That would make my conversion from another format a lot easier.

Thanks in advance,
Florian.

Florian Grammel

Copenhagen, Denmark