[eigen] Eigen 3.4 released!

We are very happy to announce that Eigen 3.4 has been released!

This is a major release, which includes significant improvements to core modules, many new or improved hardware backends, faster and more standard compliant math functions, a vastly improved Tensor library, and much more.

For more details have a look at the release notes at https://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=3.4 The sources are available on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/releases/3.4.0

The release represents almost 5 years of development since version 3.3.0. The reasons for the (much too) long interval between major releases are many, but we are hopeful that with the help of a revitalized community, we will be able to release more frequently going forward.

Eigen 3.4.x is the last major release series for Eigen to support c++03. C++03 compatibility will be dropped on the master branch after the release. This will give us the opportunity to clean up a lot of workarounds and needlessly convoluted template meta-programming, and we look forward to working with the community to clean up the code base. The maintainers are in the process of deciding which language standard will be enforced on master; it will likely be c++14, but c++11 is also an option. We will send out a separate announcement about this in the near future.

Thanks to the community for making this possible.

Best regards,
   The Eigen maintainer team