|[eigen] Eigen 3.4 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Eigen 3.4 released!
- From: Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 08:35:43 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=GllURZ5pbGu48VxtO5W5ZJyFvzYoLAoDNy4pOndf6mI=; b=n4abqUZnPbSb+ZCBxPlry3SyIVEr4i3lVtUuv1Wg588BCfF9qwgC5R+Jrtw9dQkwHv k3BeDa0jj/YPk2ywrgJ0zIo/mJP7ox8iGTaU5YTEbGempbR7oWo5S7K+ggU9Sd/pFzl0 FVDRGKxRfzRl4mkW5e/ososCLuzz6ozBjCWQjrUmmEmcQNhQc7QjmDcD7H8GdfI94Nyi 2zx7R0svhnZNBMeU8LwJkJ7mfLGCyklm9MfX7GnJ0+FLjUznukIxtEVMHV2I8WC9aROr ediLhTVTh+LIDPbpkMpgqjJ5M+D/2eJ2TB6eKGD3IBVfkhXfo0RPD7fmUNqgCn3GgT5A z0HQ==
We are very happy to announce that Eigen 3.4 has been released!
This is a major release, which includes significant improvements to core modules, many new or improved hardware backends, faster and more standard compliant math functions, a vastly improved Tensor library, and much more.
The release represents almost 5 years of development since version 3.3.0. The reasons for the (much too) long interval between major releases are many, but we are hopeful that with the help of a revitalized community, we will be able to release more frequently going forward.
Eigen 3.4.x is the last major release series for Eigen to support c++03. C++03 compatibility will be dropped on the master branch after the release. This will give us the opportunity to clean up a lot of workarounds and needlessly convoluted template meta-programming, and we look forward to working with the community to clean up the code base. The maintainers are in the process of deciding which language standard will be enforced on master; it will likely be c++14, but c++11 is also an option. We will send out a separate announcement about this in the near future.
Thanks to the community for making this possible.
The Eigen maintainer team