[eigen] Eigen 3.4 release candidate 1!

Hello Eigen users!

We are happy to announce the release of 3.4-rc1. This is a release candidate which is considered feature complete and only will get bug fixes until 3.4.0 is released.
This is not yet a stable release!

We encourage everyone, especially who is currently working with a 3.3 version to try upgrading to 3.4-rc1 and report any regressions with any compilers and architectures you are using (this includes run-time errors, compile errors and compiler warnings). Eigen should work with any C++ standard between C++03 and C++20, with GCC 4.8 (or later), Clang 3.3 (or later), MSVC 2012 (or later), and recent versions of CUDA, HIP, SYCL, on any target platform. If enabled by the compiler this includes SIMD vectorization for SSE/AVX/AVX512, AltiVec, MSA, NEON, SVE, ZVector.

To publish test results, you can run the unit tests as described here: [https://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Tests] Please report issues until April 25th, or tell us if you are still in the process of testing.

The 3.4 release will be the last Eigen version with C++03 support.
Support of the 3.3 branch may soon be stopped.

The next major version will certainly also stop supporting some older compiler versions.

Regarding the version-numbering:
There was previously a 3.4 branch with recently was deleted again, as it was done prematurely and not properly kept up-to-date. Unfortunately, this means that the version number (specified in Eigen/src/Core/util/Macros.h) had to be reset to 3.3.91 (the final 3.4 release will have version 3.4.0). Version test macros will work incorrectly with any commit from master between 2021-02-17 and today. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
 Dr.-Ing. Christoph Hertzberg

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:     +49 421 178 45-4021
 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
 E-Mail:   christoph.hertzberg@xxxxxxx

  Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
  Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

  Geschäftsführung:
  Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger

  Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
  Dr. Gabriël Clemens