Re: [eigen] Custom memory allocators with eigen

Edward Lam writes:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:32 PM Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Have you considered using a more general purpose solution like tcmalloc or
>> jemalloc?
>>
>> https://github.com/google/tcmalloc
>> https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc

I have considered it, but certainly not tried, since the allocator
looked like the most specific approach (and platform-independent).  Of
course since I am a LD_PRELOAD away of trying, I will do.

> FWIW, on a side note, jemalloc required defining
> EIGEN_MALLOC_ALREADY_ALIGNED to 0 the last time I tried it because its
> allocator didn't guarantee always 16-byte aligned pointers. For really
> small allocations, it can return 8-byte aligned pointers.

Thanks for pointing that!.  In the case the wrong alignment were used,
would I expect to have a SIGSEV (or similar) or just bogus results?