Re: [eigen] Custom memory allocators with eigen

Hi Alberto,

Have you considered using a more general purpose solution like tcmalloc or jemalloc?

https://github.com/google/tcmalloc
https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc

Rasmus

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 1:45 AM <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, after inspecting the code I guess the answer is "no", but I wanted
to confirm if I can use a custom allocator with eigen.

I have a piece of code using sparse matrices in which the running time
is dominated by the same allocation/deallocation of some temporaries.
If I could intercept those calls (eigen_malloc, IIRC), I could return a
pointer always pointing to the same block of memory.

--
Alberto