[eigen] Re: OuterstrideMatch in src/Core/Ref.h

It is probably worth mentioning that the patch in my previous email
reverts part of this commit from Gael about a year ago:

https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/commit/7b93328baf13c860980665040ac490034821c9c9

This commit was the first one that exhibited the failure when we ran git bisect.

Sincerely,
Luke

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 9:15 AM Dale Lukas Peterson <hazelnusse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>   We use Eigen at work and are trying to integrate the recent v3.3.9
> release. Everything in our codebase builds and passes tests with the
> exception of one set of numerical tests which only pass if we apply
> the attached patch. This patch effectively ignores
> PlainObjectBase::IsVectorAtCompileTime for the purposes of
> OuterStrideMatch. I don't fully understand this part of Eigen nor the
> failing code internally at my company. However, with this patch
> applied, the check target behaves identically to without having it
> applied so I am at a bit of a loss as to whether it is really safe for
> us to apply.
>
> Are there any eigen devs out there who can speak to this part of Eigen
> and give any feedback on whether this patch would be reasonable or
> not?
>
> Sincerely,
> Luke

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman