Re: [eigen] 3.3.8 expected on September 7

Hi Gael,

I've ran the test suite on my machine yesterday (latest MSVC, cl 19.27.29111), it looks like it's on CDash now - 3 tests failed https://my.cdash.org/viewTest.php?buildid=1875133.
It took an insane amount of time to compile all the tests (I think more than 6 hours - with parallel build and an i7-7700HQ).

I've also tested the 3.3 branch with my open-source software on the latest VS 2019 in C++17 mode, and there were no apparent problems.

The same as Rob, I would also welcome the patch that makes EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW unnecessary with C++17, but if it can't come in 3.3.8, then hopefully 3.4 will come soon! :-)

I also got
>>  -- Performing Test EIGEN_COMPILER_SUPPORT_CPP11 - Failed
which confused me a bit. I've reported this in the issue you linked.

In contrast to Edward, I did get all the "BLAS not found" warnings too, but it all ran through on the command-line (I'm guessing all BLAS functionality was automatically disabled).

Thank you very much to you, David, and everyone else!

Best wishes,
Patrik