Re: [eigen] Implementation of eigs?

Randomized sketches work well to find the largest K of N eigenvectors
when K << N.

The idea is similar to power iteration, but instead of iteratively
transforming and normalizing a single random vector, you use several of
them and repeatedly orthogonalize them.  The span of these vectors
converges to the span of the largest eigenvectors.  As with power
iteration, the speed of convergence and accuracy depends on the flatness
of the matrix spectrum.

By using a few extra dimensions above what you care about, you can
improve convergence. e.g. use 13 vectors instead of 10.

See https://arxiv.org/pdf/0909.4061v2.pdf

-- Mark Borgerding