|Re: [eigen] Matrix support in Clang|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Matrix support in Clang
- From: Florian Hahn <florian_hahn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 23:45:31 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apple.com; h=sender : from : content-type : content-transfer-encoding : mime-version : subject : date : references : to : in-reply-to : message-id; s=20180706; bh=hFWeIYmZGMfy95JK4ZJ2UNBjjjLJ/E5P3i+PWNRGmxc=; b=p1ve8t0xWy2f0J1pOO5v8HagiEn6/acg+Te51cs+Pe+AIi1RU5c24eu/2t1+CiYwXBVx sins4UdXqvmTT0ApEKjbl7+0fH3CWMJerLL9l24mybZ9oYSaGg2UC24jHNYUPRItCWJC FWj+Xi7xx4q5esU5ozwzxtHPFmjEa+KGkG7i3ZC40l69eG0Wk4vOi0KvIZYEoinePxoz I1ysdKwpcsP8jIHYj9tYxfzUI8XcRR28GlbEHJ3RnJd/VT5/xaz3SuLtJTKt8viKCE1e YZ20zxDZTzZtAqIWSmbdkGd/xnQ0x63oBWVjowHwRbgf6PDexeBf9NFECtNt3RkiT9e3 0Q==
> On 12 Feb 2020, at 14:28, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the late reply.
> This certainly looks interesting (I just glanced over it so far), but I guess for Eigen this could only serve as "inspiration" for better code, since we need to stay compiler-independent.
> At the moment, I don't think making different code-paths just to support this, is a good idea. Although, eventually this could be handled like a different "architecture”.
Great, thanks for taking a look! It makes perfect sense to wait until support is more widely available and has matured.