Re: [eigen] CDash issues

Another option would be to create a subproject for each branch, and adjust our cmake files to add the respective label. That's pretty straightforward.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 11:58 AM Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/11/2019 11.39, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 12:09 PM Christoph Hertzberg <
> chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/2019 11.39, Christoph Hertzberg wrote:
>>> I can register a separate Eigen-3.3 as well, and can give you (Gael)
>>> admin-rights to both if you like.
>>
>> I'm actually not sure, if that is the proper way, or rather to use
>> Build-Groups:
>>
>> https://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:Administration#Build_Groups
>>
>> We could auto-generate these from the branch we are currently at.
>>

> I never tried them, and it's not crystal clear to me whether the move to
> the proper group can be fully automated. We have to try!

Automatically moving to different build-groups seems to be pretty
straight forward (did not actually try it yet). I guess the
easiest/"hackiest" solution would be to add a postfix to the build-string.

I asked Kitware what the recommended way to test multiple branches of
the same project is here:
https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/issues/913

I also asked about getting an open.cdash.org project here:
https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/issues/909

Christoph

--
  Dr.-Ing. Christoph Hertzberg

  Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
  DFKI GmbH
  Robotics Innovation Center
  Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
  28359 Bremen, Germany

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
  DFKI GmbH
  Robotics Innovation Center
  Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
  28359 Bremen, Germany

  Tel.:     +49 421 178 45-4021
  Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
  E-Mail:   christoph.hertzberg@xxxxxxx

   Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
   Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

   Geschäftsführung:
   Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger (Vorsitzender)
   Dr. Walter Olthoff

   Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: