Re: [eigen] Bitbucket migration

Hi all,

It also looks like there has been no activity for 10 months on that account:

This doesn't seem to be enough: https://about.gitlab.com/support/#dormant-namespace-requests states that two years of inactivity are required. However, it's always possible to ask.

David

On 2. Oct 2019, at 22:47, Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It also looks like there has been no activity for 10 months on that account:

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:26 PM Patrik Huber <patrikhuber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gael,

>> since "eigen" is already taken (and I got no answer from the owner despite one reminder)

Have you contacted GitLab support about this? They're usually quite responsive. Eigen is a project with quite some weight behind it, it may not be unlikely that they can do something.

-Patrik

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 09:55, Wood, Tobias <tobias.wood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This also remind me that we'll have to do something about this git-mirror. We can either:

> (1) - make it empty with a link to the new git repo

> (2) - keep it as is (i.e., no sync) for a short period and then proceed as (1)

> (3) - delete it and recreate it as a synced mirror of the new repo, and then after a short period proceed as (1)

> If I'm not mistaken option (3) will probably break all users of this mirror, so that's probably not the best option!

I am one of the users of the current github mirror, and yes, as I understand it option 3 isn’t really an option because of the re-written history. I see no point in it.

I think option (1) is best. I look forward to swapping over to the gitlab mirror.

Toby