Re: [eigen] Bitbucket is dropping its Mercurial support!

Hi Christoph,

>> as a user and rare contributor, I would welcome the migration from hg (that I never really learned to use) to git - and at the same time, from bitbucket to a github or gitlab based hosting

I second exactly that - the one or two times I've contributed something small, it was quite a bit of a hassle, not being familiar with mercurial - I'd be looking forward to a switch to git.

Also I can very much recommend GitLab.com. Its feature set is vastly larger and more useful than that of GitHub - GitLab has so much better issue tracking, milestones, and so many more really useful things to organise a project. At the same time, it's not bloated at all and simple to use.
It's also "open-core", i.e.. the basic version of it is open-source, and it could be self-hosted (which I wouldn't recommend, GitLab.com hosting does a very fine job and is free too). IIRC, I believe that for open-source projects, one can also apply for a lifetime free Gold plan. I am sure they'd be immensely happy to host the Eigen project.

Best wishes,
Patrik